Please join GCI and our friends at Save the Colorado for a very special celebration at Hite, Utah on April 22nd, 2017 - Earth Day Weekend. We’re going to float the new, free-flowing section of Colorado River from the Hite boat ramp to Farley Canyon.
Afterward there will be a party with live music by The Steel Belts, food, drinks, and guest speakers.
GCI asks that guests bring their own boats and transportation, and suggests using an inflatable kayak or pack raft. GCI will provide dinner and drinks the evening of the 22nd, as well as breakfast the morning of the 23rd.
This is a free event! Don't miss out on this unique opportunity.
Schedule of Events:
Where to Meet:
What to Bring:
- Boat (Inflatable kayak, pack raft, or small craft)
- Life Jacket
- Dry bag for day use
- Water Bottle
- Enough water for yourself and your group for 2 days (approx. 2 gallons per person)
- Lunch & Snacks for the 22nd
- Sleeping bag and pad
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear
Places to rent boats:
- University of Utah Outdoor Recreation Program http://campusrec.utah.edu/programs/outdoor-adventures/equipment-rental/
- Wasatch Touring www.wasatchtouring.com
- Confluence Kayaks http://www.confluencekayaks.com/